An enlargement is increasing or decreasing a shape by a given scale factor around a specific centre of enlargement. To perform an enlargement on a shape, navigate to the enlargement tab in the tab controller, select the shape you wish to enlarge (it should become highlighted) and then:
- Select the scale factor you wish to enlarge by in the drop-down menu.
- Type in the centre of origin for enlargement (numerical values only.)
- Select a time duration for the animation in the drop-down menu.
- Press the “Execute” button.
Once executed a yellow ghost shape identical to the selected shape will be produced and perform the enlargement. A black marker point will also spawn to indicate the location of enlargement.
- Here you can draw ray lines, drawing ray lines allows you to visually see the enlargement. To draw the ray lines, select a shape, press the button and then click on the grid. Drawing will automatically stop once you have drawn all the lines.
- Here you can toggle the visibility of enlargement ghost(s) and ray line(s).
- Here you can delete all the enlargement ghost shape(s) from the grid.
- Here you can delete all the ray line(s) drawn from the grid.